- 16 oz. Old Wisconsin Bratwurst, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can reduced fat cream of celery soup
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/2" dice
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut in 1/2" dice
- olive oil as needed
- 1 oz. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning mix
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. chicken base
- Pan fry Old Wisconsin Bratwurst. Remove to a medium stockpot and drain excess fat from pan.
- Add onion and celery to pan and sauté until translucent. Add to stockpot with bratwurst.
- Add mushroom soup and celery soup to stockpot and simmer until desired thickness is achieved.
- Meanwhile, sauté zucchini and squash in original pan; add a tablespoon of olive oil if necessary. Remove from heat and toss with red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- While bratwurst mixture and zucchini are cooking, prepare rice according to package directions, mixing chicken base into water before adding rice.
- To serve, add rice to a bowl and top with sautéed vegetables and bratwurst.
Try any variety of Old Wisconsin Bratwurst, Summer Sausage, Snack Sticks or Bites to enhance this recipe.
Per serving (daily value): Calories 484.918kcal; Protein 12.344g (25%); Total Fat 17.543g (27%)(Sat. 5.13g (26%), Mono. 3.935g, Poly. 5.949g); Chol. 31.735mg (11%); Carb. 69.764g (23%); Fiber 2.887g (12%); Sugars 12.921g; Potassium 714.504mg (20%); Sodium 2467.495mg (103%); Trans fat 0g
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Makes: 4 servings of 8 oz.
Cost: $1.19 per serving