- 12 oz Old Wisconsin Premium
Summer Sausage - diced
- 1/2 cup carrot - halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery - halved and sliced
- 1 cup onion - diced
- 1/2 cup peas - frozen
- 1-1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp rosemary - fresh
- 1 tsp thyme - fresh
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tbl parmesan cheese - grated
- 1 tbl parsley - chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon
of water for egg wash.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into four 3” rounds
(or the size of your bowls), brush with egg wash
and top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and
- Add summer sausage to a heated stock pot
and saute until fat has rendered out.
- Remove cooked sausage to a paper towel lined
plate to drain. Discard all but two tablespoons
of rendered fat from stock pot and return to heat.
- Add rosemary and thyme to stock pot, cook
for thirty seconds.
- Add carrot, celery, onion and peas to stock pot and cook
until celery and onion are translucent and peas
- Add chicken stock to stock pot and bring to a simmer.
- Melt butter in a small pan and add flour. Mix until the
flour butter mixture is smooth and has begun to turn
light beige in color.
- While stirring, slowly add butter and flour mixture
to simmering stock and vegetables. Be sure there
are no lumps. Add milk to mixture and bring
to simmer until thickened.
- Add ¼ of summer sausage to four 3” ramekins and
ladle in hot vegetable mixture.
- Top each ramekin with puff pastry round and place
on a cookie sheet.
- Place ramekins in oven and bake until pastry is golden
brown (approx 30 minutes).
- Let cool for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving (daily value): Calories 577kcal; Protein 22g (44%); Total Fat 35g (55%)(Sat. 7g (43%), Mono. 15g, Poly. 3.5g); Chol. 65mg (22%); Carb. 41g (14%); Fiber 3g (14%); Sugars 7g; Calcium 112mg (11%); Iron 3mg (16%); Magnesium 34mg (8%); Phosphorus 168mg (17%); Potassium 387mg (11%); Sodium 1025mg (43%); Zinc 1mg (8%); Copper 0.2mg (10%); Manganese 0.5mg; Selenium 23μg; Vit. C 13mg (22%); Vit. B1 0.4mg (26%); Vit. B2 0.4mg (25%); Vit. B3 5mg (23%); Vit. B5 0.5mg (5%); Vit. B6 0.2mg (11%); Folate 91μg; Fol. acid 40μg; Food fol. 51μg; Diet. fol. eq. 120μg (30%); Vit. B12 0.3μg (6%); Vit. A 2792IU (56%); Vit. A (RAE) 183μg; Vit. A1 53μg; Vit. E 0.8mg (4%); Vit. K 41μg; Alpha-carotene 482μg; Beta-carotene 1323μg; Beta-cryptoxanthin 1μg; Lycopene 0.1μg; Lutein+Zeozanthin 654μg; Alcohol 0g; Caff. 0mg; Vit. D (IU) 24IU (6%); Starch 0.2g; Theobromine 0mg; Phytosterols 7.5mg; Sugar alcohol 0g; Trans fat 0g; Glutamic acid 2.5g; Choline 59mg; Vit. D 0.6μg
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings of 8 oz.
Cost: $1.69/per serving