- 8 oz rigatoni
- 15 oz alfredo sauce canned
- 1 lb Old Wisconsin Summer Sausage - ½" dice
- 1 ea large red bell pepper - ½" dice
- 1 ea large green bell pepper - ½" dice
- 1 ea medium onion - ½" dice
- 2 oz parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley - chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring 1 gallon of well salted water to a boil
in a stock pot.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While water is heating, cut onion and peppers
into ½" dice.
- Place peppers and onion in a bowl, toss
with olive oil and season with salt and
- Transfer peppers and onion to a well-oiled
sheet pan and roast in oven until slightly
charred (roughly 10-15 minutes).
- Heat a skillet to high and add summer sausage
in small pieces. Cook until fat from summer
sausage begins to render, add roasted
peppers and onion. (You may add hot pepper
flakes at this point if desired). Cook for one
- Drain any excess fat from skillet, lower heat and add alfredo sauce, mix and bring to simmer.
- Cook rigatoni in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain rigatoni, place in bowl, mix in sauce.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Per serving (daily value): Calories 553.16kcal; Protein 29.329g (59%); Total Fat 17.865g (27%) (Sat. 3.382g (17%)); Chol. 13.72mg (5%); Carb. 65.934g (22%); Fiber 6.582g (26%); Sugars 16.018g; Calcium 236.67mg (24%); Iron 2.147mg (12%); Sodium 1550.14mg (65%); Vit. C 89.565mg (149%); Vit. A 2242.882IU (45%); Trans fat 0g
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
Cost: $2.75/per serving