- 1 lb. Old Wisconsin Summer Sausage, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 oz. skim milk
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 tsp. sweet or smoked paprika
- 16 oz. frozen cauliflower and broccoli mix
- 12 oz. egg noodles
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté onion and Old Wisconsin Summer Sausage until lightly browned. Remove and drain off excess fat. Add milk and mushroom soup to pan; sprinkle with paprika and stir until well incorporated.
- Return summer sausage to pan, and add cauliflower and broccoli. Bring to a low boil and cook for 15 minutes or until broccoli and cauliflower are just tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare egg noodles according to package instructions.
- Serve Summer Sausage Hot Dish over egg noodles, season with salt and pepper.
Try any variety of Old Wisconsin Summer Sausage, Bratwurst, Snack Sticks or Bites to enhance this recipe. To further enhance flavor, toast bread crumbs in melted butter and mix with finely chopped parsley. Add Parmesan cheese and use to top dish.
Per serving (daily value): Calories 583.723kcal; Protein 29.972g (60%); Total Fat 17.783g (27%)(Sat. 2.3g (12%), Mono. 1.994g, Poly. 2.248g); Chol. 71.96mg (24%); Carb. 74.569g (25%); Fiber 5.533g (22%); Sugars 7.461g; Potassium 672.324mg (19%); Sodium 1426.896mg (59%); Trans fat 0.051g
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 4 servings of 8 oz.
Cost: $1.78/per serving